I bet you are thinking there is no way you can cook cookies in an air fryer, so this recipe must not be possible. Think again! These Salted Dark Chocolate Plantain Cookies are not only made with plantains, but they seriously were cooked an air fryer! It is one of my new favorite ways to make cookies because they are crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside, just like I like them!
I am not a big chocolate person, but if you put it in cookies, I will eat the entire batch. Plus, these chocolate cookies are made with Cocoa Plantains from my friends at Amazi Foods. I love getting creative, and using the plantains in cookies was my first thought! Then I discovered you can cook cookies in your air fryer, and I was sold! These cookies are made with Cocoa Plantains, Almond Flour, Coconut Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Coconut Oil, an Egg, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Vanilla Extract, Agave, Chocolate and Sea Salt! Now that sounds like a winning combo of ingredients right?
Ingredients for Air Fryer Salted Dark Chocolate Plantain Cookies
- Cocoa Plantains
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Sugar
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Oil
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate, I used Hu Kitchen Salty Dark Chocolate
- Sea salt
How to make Air Fryer Salted Dark Chocolate Plantain Cookies
- In a food processor, blend the plantain chips until they are like a flour texture. Add in all other ingredients except chocolate and sea salt. Mix until a cookie dough batter forms.
- Roll cookies into your desired size and place in your air fryer. Top with chopped chocolate and sea salt before cooking.
- Place your air fryer parchment paper in the air fryer. Then place cookies inside. Cook at 300 degrees with 10 minutes, then let them sit in the basket for another 5 to let them cool.
Tips and Tricks on making these the best cookies!
- If you do not have cocoa plantains, you can always use regular plantains that are not too salty. If you do not have regular plantains, you can substitute rolled oats for these or use more almond flour if you prefer. The texture may come out slightly different, but will still be good. Be sure to adjust liquid to the batter if needed.
- You also do not have to use almond flour or coconut sugar. You can always use whichever flour and sugar you prefer!
- A great substitute for coconut oil is avocado oil. I love cooking and baking with avocado oil as well, so I highly recommend that as an option if you do not have coconut oil.
- You can make these completely vegan by using a flax egg if you prefer.
- You do not have to use an air fryer! These cookies will bake just fine in the oven!
- If you do not have parchment paper for the air fryer, you can use aluminum foil but they will need to cook longer and sit longer as well because the bottom will not be done as fast as the top.
Air Fryer Salted Dark Chocolate Plantain Cookies
- Air Fryer
- 2 Cup Cocoa Plantains I used Amazi Foods
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsps Agave
- 1 Bar Chocolate, your choice I used Hu Kitchen Salty Dark
- Coarse Sea Salt for sprinkling
- In a food processor, blend the plantain chips until they are like a flour texture.
- Add in all other ingredients except the chocolate and sea salt. Blend until your cookie dough batter forms.
- Roll cookies into your desired size and place in your air fryer. I chose 6 big cookies, but you can easily make these into smaller cookies and make more.
- Top with chopped chocolate and sea salt before cooking.
- Cook at 300 degrees with 10 minutes, then let them sit in the basket for another 5 to let them cool.
- Enjoyed best when they are warm, but truly they are delicious at any time!