Coconut and Almond is a great combination. Add in a few ripe banana’s, and your Paleo banana bread just turned into a delicious and healthy grain free Coconut Almond Banana Bread!Jump to Recipe
I love when I have ripe bananas laying around the house. Sometimes I will purposely save a batch of bananas that are getting extra spotty just so I can whip up another delicious grain free banana bread. You can add so many flavors to a banana bread. That is another reason why I love making them because you can get extra creative.
Grain Free Coconut Almond Banana Bread ingredients
- Ripe Bananas
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Almond Extract
- Cane Sugar
- Almond Flour
- Oat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Slivered Almonds
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
How to make grain free Coconut Almond Banana Bread
- First, you will want to preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat your bread loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Next, in your food processor you will want to blend the bananas until they are mashed together. After that, you will want to add in the almond milk, vanilla and almond extract, egg, and cane sugar.
- The next step is to add in almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until it is completely incorporated.
- Lastly, you will want to stir in the slivered almonds and shredded coconut this way the food processor does’t break them down even more.
- Pour your banana bread batter into your coated bread loaf pan. Place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
Tips for making the best grain free Banana Bread
- Can you use Coconut Flour in place of Almond Flour?
- Yes, you can replace the almond flour with coconut flour. Remember though, coconut flour does absorb much more liquid then almond flour does. If you decide to switch out the flours, be sure to add more almond milk to the batter until the consistency is just right. This could alter the cooking time as well.
- Can you make this recipe vegan?
- Can you use a different type of sugar?
- Yes! There are many different types of sugars that you can use. Some sugars may be sweeter than others, which may cause you to need to adjust the amount you put into your banana bread mix!
Once it is finished and cooled, I recommend cutting a slice and putting your favorite nut butter – Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Cashew Butter, and any other you love! It is delicious without the added nut butter, but sometimes, a little extra never hurt anyone!
Paleo Coconut Almond Banana Bread
- Food Processor
- Bread Loaf
- Measuring Cups
- Tablespoons and Teaspoons
- 2 Large Banana's Mashed
- 3/4 Cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk I used unsweetened vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Almonds Slivered
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut Flakes Unsweetened
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat your bread loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In your food processor, add your ripe bananas and blend until they are mashed together. Fun tip: If your bananas are not as ripe as you want them to be, stick them in the oven for a few minutes prior to get them brown and mushy!
- Add in the egg, cane sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, and almond milk. Mix until well blended.
- Then add in the almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Stir in the slivered almonds and shredded coconut.
- Pour prepared batter into your bread loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the inside of the bread is done. Test this by sticking a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean, the bread is done!
- Once the bread is cooled, I suggest adding your favorite nut butter to your slice to enjoy!