If you can have cake for breakfast, then you can pretty much do anything you want. With this grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly banana almond swirl cake, you can also pretty much do anything you want! This cake will have your taste buds going crazy when you take the first bite. It is filled with tons of flavor and lots of sweetness, plus it is oh so moist!
I had two very ripe bananas, and I needed something other than a banana bread loaf. I did some digging and found a recipe for banana cake from my friend Lexi with LexiLivesWell. I took her recipe and tweaked it with ingredients that I eat, and then added in the almond butter swirl. This cake has Almond Flour, Coconut Oil, Eggs, Coconut Sugar, Almond Extract, Baking Powder, and of course, super ripe bananas. This cake is a dream. It is very moist, it is super nutritious, and it is gluten, grain and dairy free. Nothing beats a cake you can eat anytime of the day!
Grain Free Banana Almond Swirl Cake Ingredients
- Coconut Oil
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Coconut Sugar
- Argania Honey Almond Butter
How to make Banana Almond Swirl Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, mash your bananas and then add your eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Then add the almond flour, coconut oil, baking powder, almond extract, and coconut sugar. Mix it all up until it is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into your baking dish.
- With a knife, swirl the almond butter all throughout the batter.
- Place in your oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until it is cooked in the middle.
- Enjoy warm!
Tips on how to make this the best banana almond swirl cake
- Can you use other sugars to sweeten the mix?
- Absolutely! You can use any kind of sugar to sweeten the brownies and cookies. Remember, some sweeteners may need to be adjusted based on level of sweetness it provides. Also, if you decide to use honey or maple syrup, this can make the batter a bit more runny. You will need to adjust the flour amount!
- Can you use a different flour for the banana bread?
- Yes you substitute almond flour for another flour if you would like. Doing this could alter the way the batter comes out and how it bakes, so you may have to adjust the amount of liquid depending on the type of flour. For example, coconut flour absorbs more water and will need more liquid than almond flour does.
- Can you use something other than Almond Butter?
- Yes you can! You can use any nut butter if you would like to make it exactly how you want. You can substitute this version of honey almond butter for regular almond butter, cashew butter, and even sunflower butter. Really any nut butter would work, but just remember, if you choose something other than almond butter, you better change your cakes name! 🙂
Banana Almond Swirl Cake
- 2 Bananas Ripe
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Honey Almond Butter I used Argania Almond Butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Then add the eggs and whisk together until they are mixed thoroughly.
- Add in the coconut oil, almond flour, baking powder, almond extract and coconut sugar. Stir and mix well. Pour into your baking dish.
- Take your almond butter and a knife, and swirl the almond butter throughout the banana cake batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the center is completely cooked all the way.
- Enjoy warm!