Sugar cookies are a classic cookie recipe in many households. Now with a grain free twist and the addition of a healthier marshmallow and sprinkles, you really can’t go wrong here.
I love a good sugar cookie that is soft and chewy but bursting with flavor. Of course, I always love when recipes have simple ingredients but can produce the same flavors as something you purchase in the store. So when I created this recipe, I began with Almond Flour, an organic Cane Sugar, Coconut Oil, Vanilla Extract, and an Egg. This began the base of my cookie. These cookies have simple ingredients that are good for the soul and the body. They are paleo friendly, grain free, gluten free, and will be a house favorite.
Grain Free Marshmallow Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
- Smash Mallow Sugar Cookie Marshmallows (optional)
- Sprinkles of your choice
How to make grain free Marshmallow Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie pan with parchment paper or baking mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the almond flour, coconut oil, cane sugar, vanilla extract, egg, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly until a cookie dough batter forms.
- Roll into cookie dough balls and flatten into a cookie shape.
- Place on your baking pan with an inch in between.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then pull out the cookies and smash a marshmallow on top of the cookie and throw some sprinkles on. Then return back to the oven and bake for another 5-8 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
Tips on how to make these cookies the best they can be
- Can you use other sugars to sweeten the cookies?
- Absolutely! You can use any kind of sugar to sweeten the cookies. If you choose a sweetener like honey or maple syrup, your cookies could be more runny and you may have to adjust the almond flour amount!
- Can you use a different flour for the cookie?
- Yes you substitute almond flour for another flour if you would like. Doing this could alter the way the batter comes out, so you may have to adjust the amount of coconut oil depending on the type of flour. For example, coconut flour absorbs more water and will need more liquid than almond flour does.
- Can you use regular marshmallows?
- Yes you can! You can always use regular marshmallows instead of a Smash Mallow. I happened to have these on hand and thought they would be a great addition!
Marshmallow Sugar Cookies
- 2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 12 Sugar Cookie Smash Mallow Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mats.
- In a mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients together and mix until your cookie dough batter forms.
- Roll the dough into cookie dough balls and place on your baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees before removing the cookies from the oven. Place a marshmallow in the middle of each cookie. Put pan back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes.