These cupcake version of pound cake are grain free, gluten free, dairy free, and paleo friendly. Plus, with the sweet flavor of coconut and a unique taste from tahini, they are the perfect treat for any type of gathering. Be sure to grab one fresh out of the oven because they won’t last long in your kitchen!
Pound cake is not a light and fluffy type of cake. My favorite kind of pound cake is dense and thick, and these cupcakes remind me just of that. These Tahini Coconut Pound Cake Cupcakes are made with Almond Flour, Eggs, Coconut Sugar, Tahini, Coconut Flakes, Almond Extract, Water, Almond Milk, Agave and Baking Powder. The first bite will definitely have you coming back for more!
Tahini Coconut Pound Cake Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Coconut Sugar
- Almond Milk
- Almond Extract
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
How to make these Tahini Coconut Pound Cake Cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin pan or line with cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together Almond Flour, Eggs, Coconut Sugar, Tahini, Coconut Flakes, Almond Extract, Water, Almond Milk, Agave and Baking Powder. Mix until it is well blended.
- Pour batter into your muffin pan and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with frosting if you prefer, and enjoy! I used Miss Jones Vanilla Frosting!
Tips on how to make these the best Tahini Coconut Pound Cake
- Can you use other sugars to sweeten the mix?
- Absolutely! You can use any kind of sugar to sweeten the muffins. Remember, some sweeteners may need to be adjusted based on level of sweetness it provides. Also, if you decide to use honey or maple syrup, this can make the batter a bit more runny. You will need to adjust the flour amount!
- Can you use a different flour for the muffins?
- Yes, you can substitute either of the flours for another flour if you would like. Doing this could alter the way the batter comes out and how it bakes, so you may have to adjust the amount of liquid depending on the type of flour. For example, coconut flour absorbs more water and will need more liquid than almond flour does.
- Can you use something else instead of Tahini?
- Yes you can! The tahini not only gives it a unique flavor, but it also helps it bake because of the oil. You could use almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, and etc. I would not use peanut butter because that will give it a completely different flavor!
Tahini Coconut Pound-cake
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp's Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tbsps Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 2 Tbsps Agave
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and coat a muffin pan with baking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, eggs, coconut sugar, tahini, water, almond milk, almond extract, agave and coconut. Blend well.
- Pour batter into your muffin pan and place in the oven. Bake for about 18 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Add frosting if you would like! Enjoy!