Yes you heard it right, a grain free tropical banana bread! Is that even possible? Yes it is and it is a recipe you will want to try out, especially if you are ready for a new banana bread recipe that isn’t cinnamon or nut filled!
Many banana bread recipes call for cinnamon, walnuts, or chocolate chips. While these flavors pair perfectly with banana bread, a little change has never hurt. This Grain Free Tropical Banana Bread is so different from any other recipe because you are combining bananas with tropical fruits like coconut, pineapple, mangoes, and papaya. How can you say no to those delicious fruits? You can’t!
Grain Free Tropical Banana Bread Ingredients
- Almond Flour
- Quaker Oat Bran
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Extract
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Tropical Fruit Blend – Strawberries, Pineapple, Mangoes, and Papaya
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
How to make grain free tropical banana bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your bread loaf pan.
- In your stand mixer or food processor, add in the bananas, egg, coconut sugar, vanilla and coconut extract, and almond milk.
- Next, add in the almond four, Quaker oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut sugar. Mix until it is incorporated thoroughly.
- Stir in your tropical fruit blend (Strawberries, Pineapple, Mangoes, and Papaya), and coconut flakes.
- Pour batter into your greased bread loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the middle is cooked all the way through.
- Slice the bread and enjoy!
Tips on how to make the best grain free banana bread
- Can you use Coconut Flour in place of Almond Flour?
- Yes, you can replace the almond flour with coconut flour. Remember though, coconut flour does absorb much more liquid then almond flour does. If you decide to switch out the flours, be sure to add more almond milk to the batter until the consistency is just right. This could alter the cooking time as well.
- Can you make this recipe vegan?
- Can you use a different type of sugar?
- Yes! There are many different types of sugars that you can use. Some sugars may be sweeter than others, which may cause you to need to adjust the amount you put into your banana bread mix!
- Can this bread be turned into muffins?
- Yes! You can always make muffins instead of an actual bread loaf. Just be sure to decrease the cooking time by at least half and check to see how they are doing then.
This bread is so different and so unique in flavors that it is sure to wow your family and friends. It won’t stay on the counter for long if you have some hungry people ready to try it! The good thing is this bread does freeze well if you want to save it all for yourself!
Grain Free Tropical Banana Bread
- 1 Cup Quaker Oat Bran
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Bananas
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Tropical Fruit Blend (Strawberries, Mango, Pineapple, and Mango) I used a frozen blend
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your bread loaf pan
- Add all of your dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- In your food processor or stand mixer, add in the bananas, eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and coconut extract. Blend until the batter is completely incorporated
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix until those are completely incorporated
- Stir in the tropical fruit and coconut flakes
- Pour into your greased bread loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees